Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Charli Baltimore Could 'Care Less' About 'Notorious', Asks What Color is Lil Kim's Skin?


Charli Baltimore, who at one time dated the Notorious BIG, gave an interview to allhiphop.com in which she dishes about the film and about Lil Kim and Faith Evans, too.

It's important to note: Charli hasn't seen the film and has no interest in seeing it.

On Lil Kim:
We were in videos and everything together, Kim and I. We spoke, we had conversations and everything. Things got a little out of hand towards the end, but it was never anything physical, nah. Not with me and her anyway. I’ve never seen Big strike her.

I knew towards the end, me and Kim had an argument. Me and Kim had a pretty heated argument where ... oh yea that turned into a little violent incident [between Big and Kim for disclosing information about Charli] from what I understand. I didn’t witness, it but I heard about it.

On Lil Kim wanting Christina Milian play her:
I wasn’t aware they were the same complexion [laughs]. Again I didn’t see the movie but last I checked, well I don’t know what color she is right now, but she was brown-skinned. Maybe she’s light-skinned now. I don’t know. People change skin tones in this day and age. I can’t see Christina Milian portraying Lil Kim. That’s not…that seems really weird to me, but you know, to each his own.


On Faith Evans:
We had our bad moments, but at the end of the day once her and Big were completely separated, she was quite respectful towards me and vice versa. I mean we’ve had slight disagreements. Nothing ever physical, not to that extent. We’ve had conversations about Big just like any other women do. They weren’t together. People make it seem like mistress, blah blah blah…they weren’t together. Faith had moved on with her life. You know and soon after Big died she was married. I don’t know how long after he died but she remarried so, you know.



On Being Omitted from the movie:
From what I’m understanding, the one particular scene which I guess bothered me more than anything was that me and B.I.G. were in a really, really, traumatic car accident. I almost died in that car accident and for them to downplay it—and again I didn’t see the movie so I don’t know how much it’s downplayed or not—but for them to downplay it the way that it was, the way that it occurred…it bothered me. That’s what probably bothers me more so than anything. I don’t usually do too many interviews regarding Big.
I went through the windshield. I was in the backseat, that’s true. Cease lost all of his teeth… every last one of his teeth got knocked out. He was the driver. From what I understand it’s portrayed in the movie like it was really lightweight, and it had a lot of bearing on Big’s album. And again, everybody in that car almost lost their life. So I don’t play that, it’s not cool at all.

Big had to have the Jaws of Life remove him, and that was a really pivotal moment in his career because that’s what caused him to do the double album for Life After Death. So, you know, the movie is his mother’s story, which is how I’m getting it, but again she wasn’t there and I had 22 stitches under my hairline that…I was the first person that was taken out of the scene of the accident because any sort of head injuries they take you first.

That was a really serious accident. It wasn’t a fender bender. It was an accident where we went over the divider and were on to the other side of the oncoming traffic going the opposite direction and almost went over an embankment. So for them to downplay that particular event was a little shocking to me the way that I got it. Like I said, I didn’t see it so I don’t know but I know that I still got plenty of stitches and plenty of sometimes ailments to prove that the accident was no joke. Big had a metal rod that had to be inserted into his leg and it had a lot to do with him having a life changing experience that in all actuality Big was not supposed to walk again. Because of his weight, he had sleep apnea, he was told that he would probably always have a wheelchair or possibly even a walker and he kind of defied all odds. We sat in the hospital and he had to go through therapy and he had to basically learn how to walk again.

[Big] was in a rehabilitation facility for three months because he had to learn how to walk, and he was determined to do that. Not to mention he still had a deadline to do this album. You gotta remember when this happened that Big’s album was almost done. When we got in the hospital and all this craziness happened, he said, “You know what ma, I’m going to do a double album.” I’m like, “Get the hell out of here.” People weren’t really doing that kind of stuff back then. So he really sat and he like…he did it. It was very inspiring to watch someone do that under the circumstances that he was under, which was craziness. People telling him that you might never walk again properly, you may be in a wheelchair, he wasn’t trying to hear any of that sh*t. He was like, “Hey, I’ma walk again. I’ma be fine.”



Go here for the full interview.


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment