Monday, March 30, 2009

Candy Spelling: 'I Don't See Tori and Dean Anymore'

By all now we know that the relationship between Tori Spelling and her mother, Candy, has been strained for many, many, many years.

Viewers of Tori's reality show, probably saw glimmers of hope, but alas, those attempts to form a solid family unit, especially since the death of the family's patricarch, Aaron, has been futile.

Candy and Tori still hate each other's guts!

Candy's memoir, Stories From Candyland, hit shelves tomorrow. And last week it was revealed that she's selling (or trying to sell) the 56,000-square-foot mansion for $150 million. She's moving into a modest condo. At a mere 17,000 square feet and costing $47 million, it's practically a shoe box.

In an interview with People magazine, Candy declares she would have kept the large house and transformed it into a child's wonderland for her two grandchildren, except the break with her estranged daughter Tori, her husband Dean, and their two children, Liam and Stella is so severe, they are virtual strangers.

"I don't see Tori and Dean anymore," she says. "I used to see Liam, but no longer. And I've never met Stella. If I had any hope that I would have a relationship with my grandchildren I would never sell this house. I've fantasized for years about a wonderful playhouse on the grounds for children."

She adds that it's Tori who is causing the drama.

"Someday my grandchildren will know who I am because of the trust funds I've set up, but I would like to be part of their lives now. I would have loved to have built that playhouse for them."

As you thought, the hatred stems from money. When Aaron died, Tori received $800,000 (a cash inheritance payment of $200,000, combined with approximately $600,000 in private investments Aaron had in place for her). Tori was livid, especially knowing her father loved her dearly (even more than he loved Candy) and was worth an estimated $500 million!

The drama!
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at Randy's 10th birthday party at the old house. It was unreal, a carnival, you name it. All the Spelling show A listers and D listers were there in the house. I wasn't even on a list. Ya see Candy had a pool -- and a pond. The pond was good for me.

Post a Comment