Friday, February 26, 2010

White House Party Promoter-in-Chief Resigns


After 14 months on the job and 330 events to her credit, White House Social Secretary Desiree Rogers is handing in her clip board and exiting the velvet ropes.

"When I took on this assignment, we talked about the importance of creating the people's house. My work was really to create this framework," she told the Chicago Sun-Times. "I think I completed that work. Our office has been able to lay the foundation for what will be known as the 'people's house' and it has already taken shape."

Oh, regarding that major snafu?

She said, "The incident at the State Dinner was not a deciding factor. But it did show me a side of the job and of Washington that I had not seen before."

She'll now explore options in the "corporate world."

Desiree's departure should make Oprah very happy.


source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment