Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Whatever You Do, Stay Away From This Woman's Cigarettes


A (crazy?) woman who was speaking of Satan and the weather at a Fort Pierce, Fla. restaurant was arrested after punching a police officer in the face last Saturday.

What Had Happened Was: Witnesses said 58-year-old Gloria Vereen, was "sitting in the patio area for some time and speaking about strange subjects, such as Satan and atmospheric changes" so they called police. When an officer arrived on the scene, all hell broke loose. He documented it in his report, which read: "I went to make contact with Mrs Vereen, who at the time was sitting at a patio table. Mrs Vereen had her suitcase at her feet when I approached. I greeted Mrs Vereen and asked her how she was doing today. Mrs Vereen stated that she was traveling and then attempted to reach into her suitcase. I asked Mrs Vereen not to reach into her suitcase, however, she refused and continued stating "I want a cigarette!" I Then reached for the suitcase to move it away from her for officer safety reasons, at which time she suddenly stood up and punched me across my left eye, breaking my prescription glasses and knocking them to the ground. I backed away but Mrs Vereen continued to charge [toward] me with her arms flailing and scratching. I immediately called for another unit to assist me while attempting to protect my face. I then grabbed Mrs Vereen into a bear hug with both arms to stop her from punching me and leaned my weight her forcing her to the ground."

Too funny! The cop was unable to determine if she was drunk or high, but she was eventually arrested and is charged with battery.



source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment