Friday, July 16, 2010

Lawrence Taylor's Wife on Rape Charges: 'This is the Most Silly, Ridiculous Thing in the World. How in the Heck Do You Rape a Prostitute'


Last night Lynette Taylor, the wife of Lawrence Taylor, who's charged with paying a 16-year-old girl $300 for sex, made an appearance on Larry King Live and boy was it something. We were gagging and clutching our pearls while we looked on in amazement during the entire segment. First of all, Lynette was in defense mode from the jump and while she didn't go so far as to blame the girl for her actions (well, maybe she did), Lynette did say this was an extortion plot that went wrong and her husband didn't rape anyone because the girl let herself into the room, cops are only pursuing the case because Lawrence is a celebrity and the girl, well, she shouldn't have ran away from home. Plus, Lynette began talking all crazy about the war funding and the planet Jupiter.

Here are some of the juicy bits from the interview:
KING: You didn't -- didn't you suspect something, Lynette? He wasn't charged with beating up a girl in the school yard. He was charged with raping a girl in a motel room who was under aged. The girl was in the room, do you believe that?

TAYLOR: She was in the room, but she let herself inside of the room. He didn't open the door. Didn't go strolling.

KING: What did he tell you? What did he tell you what happened, so we can clear it up from his end? What did he say to you?

TAYLOR: The truth. Trust me, I know everything as if I were inside of that room, OK. Everything, every detail, every single word, everything that happened, everything that went on. I know everything.

KING: What can you tell us?

TAYLOR: That he didn't rape anyone. He didn't have sex with anyone. He didn't call her pimp. He did not go cruising down -- you know, stroll where prostitutes hang at. He didn't do any of those things.
KING: What was the girl doing in the room?

TAYLOR: The girl was in the room because she let herself inside of the room.

KING: She had a key?

TAYLOR: See, what a lot of -- no, no, no. What happened is a friend left and he left the door propped open, because he had been back and forth in and out of the room, and he forgot to put the chain, lock thing -- he didn't close the door. This was the same way the police got in.

KING: How did she know?

TAYLOR: That's in the reports as well.

KING: He was in the room?

TAYLOR: Well, pretty much, everyone in New York knew that Lawrence was going to be in New York. He was doing an autograph signing session the next day. If you go back to his 60-minute interview, he explained to you that he and his friend, they were sending hookers to each other's rooms and stuff like that. This was really an extortion prop, extortion plot that went wrong. Because he didn't fall for -- he didn't fall for the bait. I'm sorry.

KING: I got you. You are saying that he was being set up?

TAYLOR: Yes. Yes. I mean, it's obvious. And it's like, OK, she called her uncle. She texted her uncle, help me, I'm in trouble, whatever. How did her uncle know exactly where to go, where to send the police? Oh, she is a runaway. Her parents live in Virginia. But she is in New York and her -- her uncle, she's been missing for months, but he knew exactly where to go send the police to? Doesn't make any sense.

....
KING: Why, then, do you think the police arrested him if you had all of this contrary evidence?

TAYLOR: Because he's Lawrence Taylor. If it wasn't Lawrence Taylor, this wouldn't even be news. This wouldn't even be a big deal. I mean -- but it's a big deal because the media is making it like it's so fascinating, like, oh, my gosh. He's gross. He's an animal and this and that and this. And, I mean, it's like -- even when we went to court, it's like everyone there is like, this is a joke. All of this is circumstantial. And here's another thing that I don't understand. If everyone is believing what this victim said -- the police just took what she said and just, before doing an investigation, went and arrested Lawrence, because they believed her and found her to be credible. Then why couldn't he believe her if she told him that she was 19. So I don't understand why -- if she is so believable and so credible, why is it a problem that he believed her? That part is beyond me.

...

Yes, he should have told her to get the heck out of my room. But I cannot explain why men do what they do. I don't understand why we're destroying the Earth to get to Jupiter. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand why we're fighting a war, spending billions of dollars fighting a war over oil, instead of spending that money on stuff that we don't need oil. I don't understand why men do what they do.

And when no one's looking, well, they will try to get away with whatever. I can't say that. But here's the problem. When I say this was an extortion plot that went awry, because what it was to go, did you know that girl was 16, but he didn't have sex with. OK?

So now let's move on to Plan B. Let's just say he raped you and then we can sue him and we'll still get money. All right? This -- this is the most silly, ridiculous thing in the world. And I don't know -- it's like, oh, now she's a prostitute. How in the heck do you rape a prostitute.

She's a run away. Good girls don't run away. I'm sorry. I've been a 16-year-old girl, all right. I've been a 19-year-old girl. I didn't leave my home. That's what happens. that's what I think people need to tell their kids. That's what happens when you run away from home. When you leave the sanctuary of your home and your parents, yes, there are bad people out there. There are pimps waiting at bus stops and stuff things like that. You know what, stop running away. She shouldn't have ran away.

I'm not attacking her, but all I'm saying is, I don't understand how -- it's like, oh, she's only 16. Sixteen is so young. Sixteen- year-olds are driving our cars. Sixteen-year-olds are working in our stores. They're serving our food. They are old enough to have jobs. She was old enough to, if she wanted to get help, get help. Why did it have to be a rich guy before she decided, oh, I don't want this anymore? It doesn't make sense.


Gagging we tell you. Gagging!


source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment