Monday, August 23, 2010

Fantasia: I Wanted to Kill Myself (For Real)


Homewrecker Fantasia Barrino taped an interview for VH1's "Behind the Music" in which she speaks frankly about what led to her downing a bottle of aspirin in an attempt to kill herself on Aug. 9 after she learned that her married boyfriend's wife accused her of destroying her marriage and making sex tapes with her husband.

"I didn't have any fight in me. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted out," she says in the special which airs tomorrow night. "At that moment, I wanted out. I wanted it to be over with – all of it, all of that shit. I just sat in the closet and looked at the mirror and took all the pills in the bottle. I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can't accidentally take a whole bottle of pills."

According to her manager Brian Dickens, Fantasia was emotionally drained.

"Her emotions were extremely low," he said. "She'd been crying all day. Fantasia was just numb. Fantasia texted me, saying 'I love you.' I wrote back, 'I love you more.' Then it hit me. I wrote, 'You better not do anything or think about doing anything stupid.' And I left it at that. About 10 minutes later, Fantasia texted me back, and she said, 'Already did.' I went into Fantasia's room and saw her on the floor, and my heart just dropped."

He made the now infamous 911 call and Fantasia was rushed to a hospital.

"I was tired of people doing me wrong, constantly, over and over again, dealing with my family – my father, dealing with men and their shit – I was tired," Fantasia says. "My head was hurting me. I was over it."

And as for Antwaun, she says, “When I met him, he was separated … wasn’t living in his home. He didn’t want to be back with his wife – that is what I was told. I remember waking up in the hospital [and thinking], ‘It didn’t work, I’m still here in this hellhole. Still here with all this drama going on.’ ”

She's also in therapy.

We see where this is going: Fantasia is the victim. It's all self-serving.


source

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment