Man Blows Himself Up Trying to Kill a Spider
A 28-year-old British man is lucky to be alive after he blew himself up after he tried to kill a spider in his bathroom.
Chris Welding's wife noticed the creature and screamed for help. Wielding a flammable aerosol can, he sprayed the spider as it cowered behind the toilet - then lit a cigarette lighter to see if he had killed it.
The pow! The bathroom exploded! The force of the explosion knocked him off his feet and the door off its hinges.
"It was about 10.30pm last night. My wife was getting ready for bed and suddenly she let out a scream. She said there was a spider in the bathroom and asked me to get rid of it - neither she or the kids would go in there," he said. "The spider had crawled into the recess behind the loo and there was no way I could get to it. Stupid as it is, I grabbed a can of deodorant and a lighter and sprayed it behind the loo. The flame shot out and went round the back of the toilet and came back out at me. It was a bit of a shock. I've got two burned fingers and a burned knuckle. I wasn't badly injured but they wanted to check I hadn't inhaled any of the fumes."
After all that, the spider got away.